Hill Dickinson did not participate in True Picture research this year. For more information on the firm, please visit its website.
Hill Dickinson LLP
No. 1 St Paul’s Square,
- Partners and legal directors 185
- Senior associates 80
- Associates 135
- Total trainees 30
- UK offices Liverpool, Manchester, London, Leeds
- Overseas offices 4
- Graduate recruiter: Emma McAvinchey-Roberts, Alex Knight in the Talent & Development team – email@example.com
- Training partner: Richard Capper
- Application criteria
- Training contracts pa: Up to 15
- Applications pa: Approx. 1000
- Minimum required degree grade: 2:1
- Minimum A levels: ABB or equivalent
- Vacation scheme places pa: Please visit our website for further details
- Dates and deadlines
- Training contract applications open: 1st November 2020
- Training contract deadline, 2023 start: 31st January 2021
- Vacation scheme applications open: 1st November 2020
- Vacation scheme 2021 deadline: 31st January 2021
- Salary and benefits
- First-year salary: £26,000
- Second-year salary: £28,000
- First-year salary: (London) £37,000
- Second-year salary: (London) £39,000
- Post-qualification salary: Within a range, up to £41,000 (Northern) or £59,000 (London), dependent on discipline
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days
- LPC fees: N/A
- GDL fees: No
- Maintenance grant pa: N/A
- International and regional
- Offices with training contracts: Liverpool, London, Manchester, Leeds
Main areas of work
•A specialist approach– Our training contracts offer tailored, focused routes, which puts you in control of your career from day one. You have the choice to train in the area of law that you want to progress in, allowing you to become a specialised lawyer from the outset.
•Recruit to retain– Our small intake of up to 15 ensures that each trainee has our full attention and means that we have the resources to give you as much support as you need at the beginning of your career.
•Stimulating work– You will be given immediate responsibilities and challenging tasks as you become a valued and important member of our team. We involve and positively acknowledge the role of trainees working with experienced colleagues in large corporate deals and cases.
•Giving back– Whether it’s volunteering at a charity you wish to support personally, working with our community partner charities or getting involved with some of our firm-wide environmental, diversity and inclusion initiatives, we’ve got something for you.
•Wellbeing– We have a dedicated programme offering a variety of activities and benefits to support you. We want our people to have a good work life balance and encourage an agile and flexible approach to working.
If you want to find out more, please visit our website at hilldickinson.com/graduate-recruitment where you will find all the latest updates on our programme in line with the introduction of the SQE.
University law careers fairs 2020
Please visit our website for further details.
Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing
We recognise the value of having a diverse workforce and want to recruit the best people from every background. We are proud to be using Rare Recruitment’s Contextual Recruitment System (CRS). We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper, so Rare’s CRS allows us to consider your achievements in the context in which they were gained. We are also proud to be working with Aspiring Solicitors, who are ‘committed to increasing diversity and inclusion across all underrepresented groups in the legal profession’. For more information on what we are doing to build an inclusive culture, please visit hilldickinson.com/diversity-inclusion-and-employee-wellbeing.
This Firm's Rankings in
UK Guide, 2020
Liverpool and surrounds
- Family/Matrimonial (Band 1)
- Banking & Finance (Band 3)
- Construction (Band 3)
- Corporate/M&A: Lower Mid-Market (Band 1)
- Employment (Band 2)
- Litigation (Band 2)
- Pensions (Band 2)
- Real Estate (Band 3)
- Real Estate Litigation (Band 2)
- Restructuring/Insolvency (Band 3)
- Capital Markets: AIM (Band 4)
- Clinical Negligence: Mainly Defendant (Band 1)
- Commodities: Physicals (Band 2)
- Court of Protection: Health & Welfare (Public Sector Clients) (Band 1)
- Health & Safety (Band 4)
- Healthcare (Band 1)
- Healthcare: Mental Health: Providers (Band 1)
- Shipping (Band 3)
- Transport: Logistics (Band 1)
- Travel: International Personal Injury (Defendant) (Band 3)
- Travel: Regulatory & Commercial (Band 2)