Ropes & Gray LLP
60 Ludgate Hill,
- Partners 30
- Associates 88
- Total trainees 15
- UK offices London
- Overseas offices 10
- Graduate recruiter: Katherine McAteer, [email protected], 020 3201 1607 Training partner: Rohan Massey, [email protected]
- Application criteria
- Training contracts pa: 5-7
- Applications pa: 567
- Minimum required degree grade: 2:1
- Minimum A levels: AAB
- Vacation scheme places pa: 16
- Dates and deadlines
- Training contract applications open: 1 February 2018
- Training contract deadline, 2020 start: 31 July 2018
- Vacation scheme applications open: 26 October 2017
- Vacation scheme 2018 deadline: 31 January 2018
- Salary and benefits
- First-year salary: £44,000
- Second-year salary: £48,000
- Post-qualification salary: £115,000
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days
- LPC fees: Yes
- GDL fees: Yes
- Maintenance grant pa: £8,000
- International and regional
- Overseas seats: Hong Kong office
- Client secondments: These are available on hoc basis at the client’s request
Since opening the office in January 2010, we have assembled a fully integrated international team of lawyers – from 27 countries and speaking more than 40 languages – that provides clients with a full service of transatlantic law capabilities coupled with an in-depth understanding of the markets in the UK, Europe and Asia. The team additionally has strong and long-standing relationships with leading local firms across the EMEA region.
Main areas of work
We have fully established teams specialising in special situations, including both restructuring and equity, a real estate team advising investors and lenders on structuring and executing complex domestic and international transactions, and a leading private investment funds team.
Other key practice areas include antitrust/competition, dispute resolution, financial crime, intellectual property, investment management, privacy and data security and tax.
Trainees who join us receive the best training available. This is reflected in the standard of both the in-house ‘Trainee Training Programme’ and the practical training overseen by a supervisor. The small number of trainees we take on means we’re genuinely able to offer early responsibility and challenging work. This is balanced by an open door policy ensuring trainees have the support to build a successful career.
During the two-week scheme you will complete client work at trainee level, and be mentored and supported by your supervisor and trainee ‘buddy’. You can expect to attend workshops, training sessions and visits to barristers’ chambers and the Royal Courts of Justice. You will also have the opportunity to interact with our employees at social networking events. You will be paid £350 per week.